Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Do Y'all Do This?

Man, I'll be honest. This holiday season, I've just really found myself down in the dumps a lot! Why? This is such a cheery time of year. I know I know. I should be ashamed of myself.

I, like most of you, get so stinkin' wrapped up in buying gifts for people. Then, I end up all sad that I can't do everything for them that I want. The money just won't stretch for everything you know? Man, it's the pits!

I can honestly say that I'm not all about receiving gifts. I don't even consider what I would like to have and when asked what I want, I have to rack my brain to come up with a couple things I'd like. I LOVE...L.O.V.E. to make people happy. I love to see their faces light up when they open a gift that I've purchased or made with love; one that I've really put a lot of thought or time into. It is so awesome! It pains me that I can't buy one of everything I want to buy for all of my family and friends.

But, over the past several days, I've really been hearing that simple saying in my head, "Jesus is the REASON for the SEASON!" Christmas is not and never has been about gifts. It's certainly not about receiving gifts...and it really isn't about giving - when it comes to the presents.

CHRISTmas is about thanking God for sending us His ONLY Son. It's about celebrating His birth. It's about the GIVER...of the Ultimate Gift! Without Him, this life just simply would.not.be!

Giving gifts is great...serving the community is great...giving and reaching out to others is great and I do believe it is our duty as Christians. But, as we do this, don't forget the true meaning of this special time of year. CHRISTmas - NOT "Xmas" - NOT "Happy Holidays" - But, C.H.R.I.S.T.mas.

It is all about Christ our Lord!

As you read this, my prayer for you is that you will take a moment to focus on the receiving part of Christmas. Receive the gift of God's love...a love so great for you - so immeasurable - that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for you.

There is NO love greater than that!

No comments:

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!