Friday, July 25, 2008

She'll Never Doubt

We were flipping channels one night this week and happened to stop on SuperNanny. That's a great show, but we don't watch it often because if E is still awake, we won't let her watch how horribly those kids act. That's the last thing we need is for her to get any "bright" ideas!!

We watched for a few minutes and as you see in a lot of those shows, it isn't the kids who are the problem...it's the stinkin' parents!! Some of these parents are just unbelievable don't you think?! Not always now...some of the parents have just bitten off more than they can chew and simply need help. But some need straight up intervention...better known as Jesus! :c)

This mother in particular this week had 5 or 6 kids. I believe it was 1 boy and 4 or 5 girls. (ahhhhhh, poor lil' boy) The mom showed no emotion and was so negative the entire time we watched. Her and SuperNanny got into it because SuperNanny wasn't seeming to get through to her. She was having to talk the mother into loving on her children and talking nice to them. All those kids had been used to was anger and yelling, from the mom.

Towards the end of the show, SuperNanny (SN) walked the mom into her oldest daughter's room, which was 12, and had her suggest that they go bowling, just her and her daughter. The girl was so excited because with that many siblings, she never got any one-on-one time with either parent. The mother was about to walk out and SN stopped her and told her she needed to hug her daughter.

**wait a minute!** I said to my husband, "What kind of mother needs to be told or even encouraged to hug her child. That is what mommies do! We love our children. A Mother's Love...

So she followed "orders" and hugged her daughter and at first it was so awkward watching - as if they didn't know what to do. Then, the mother teared up and the daughter did too. The little girl said, "I can't remember the last time my mom hugged me."

A simple hug from a mother - or father. It doesn't take long to do, yet it can carry you through a whole day or make you forget about the biggest of problems in your life. It makes you better when you are sick; happy when you are sad; uncomplicates things in a complicated day. Yet how many toddlers, kids, teenagers or even adults ever go without it?!

That saddens me.

I feel like E sometimes gets sick of my hugs and kisses and constant "I love you's" because she gets them from the time she wakes up until bedtime that night. Then, after she is sleeping sound, I sometimes go in to watch her sleep as I play with her hair...loving her.

I don't say that for any praise or attention. I am only determined to never get so wrapped up in the day-to-day stresses of life that I fail, for even one day, to remind my kids of the reassurance of their mother's love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E won't ever get tired of all the hugs, kisses, I love yous, and having her hair played with. You haven't. I love you! Mom

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!