Friday, March 14, 2008

Saying Goodbye

It's not an easy thing for anyone at any point in life. Whether it is due to death, someone going off to war, someone moving, or even a loved one that is losing their memory (ever seen the movie Notebook?)

E has a precious little friend, Noah, that she loves dearly. I, too, am friends with his mommy. Well, they are leaving Tuesday to move to another world. A place called California. (smile) We had lunch with their sweet family this week and let the kiddos play for a few minutes. It was hard.

She has not been a long-time friend of mine. But, a dear one. I am certain that the Lord brought her here to Georgia and into our lives for a very specific reason. And season. That season is over and they will be leaving. But, man - knowing that you are hugging someone goodbye and that you are pretty certain that you won't see them again. It plays with your emotions like crazy.

It's very difficult to explain to a 2 1/2 year old that their friend is moving away. Now, all that E knows is that Noah will live in a place called "Ca-liff-for-nee-ya" (she pronounces it so carefully) and she wants to go there now! As in - yesterday.

She has been interrupting my conversations to tell me we "need to go dayer." It must sound like some amazing place to her. Ha - she probably thinks it's an amusement park or something. Lastnight, her Grammie brought over a new book for her...get this...about Noah's Ark.

She pretty much made up her own story as she turned the pages. "Dis is Noah and he move to Ca-liff-for-nee-ya lastnight." "Mommy, hey - when we goin' dayer?"

So, I'm trying to prepare myself as best I can. One of my best friends in the world is moving on June 1st! I've never said "goodbye" to someone as close as her before. And, I'm not looking forward to it.

Reasons & Seasons. They mean so much. But, it doesn't mean they are easy to close chapters on.

No comments:

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!