Today, I'm thankful for so many things, but here are a couple specific things:
1) Air Conditioning!!! So many people suffer with no a/c in their homes during these hot days and for those of us that do have it, don't take it for granted! I am so thankful for that! Here in GA, it is around 100 degrees, but just watching the news...it is much hotter in other areas of the country.
People!! The heat index somewhere in NC was 126 yesterday. That is unimaginable!! The thing that makes it extra bad is this humidity. Urrgghh!!
Thank God for a nice cool home to come into from the heat!
2) This wonderful Strawberry Infused Lemonade that I'm enjoying right now...thanks to GiBee at Kisses of Sunshine. Check out her recipe from yesterday's post. It's wonderful and so refreshing!
3) The breaking down of denominational walls! Woohoo!! This is such an awesome thing to me!! I know it is to the Lord. My husband is going to minister tonight at a church here in town...different denomination than we are a part of. But, who cares?!! It is all about the body of Christ. It's a "Jesus Thing" and NOT a black/white, denomination thing!! Praise the Lord!!
4) Children's video's! Although I commit to never being the kind of mom to stick her kids in front of t.v./movies all day long...are they great or what? I try to limit the amount of t.v. she watches and certainly what she watches. We are VERY careful about what goes into her lil' spirit, as well as ours! But, what would us mommies do without the help of these wonderful shows that give us breaks?
5) My grandmother ("Mamaw") Granted, I may not always "feel" this way at some points during the day...just kidding. She is wonderful! It's funny how the older people get, the more childlike they act you know? She loooves to aggravate my 2 year old; they argue as if they are siblings "Mine!" "No Mine!"; she loves to tattle on Emma and get her in trouble; and so much more, but she adores Emma completely at the same time. Having my daughter around has brought life back into my grandmother that's sort of been lost since my granddaddy died.
She, honestly, can be the biggest brat (meant with love) and the sweetest thing at the same time and I wouldn't trade her for the world. She was like my 2nd mama growing up and has prayed me through this life!
Her little feeble voice touched my soul tonight just before she headed to bed. We were reminiscing on old hymns from church and singing our hearts out. It's amazing how no matter how much they can't remember...things like that just never leave their minds.
For more Thankful Thursday posts, please check out Sting My Heart.