Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What a Man, What a Man, What a Mighty Good Man...

Ladies, my hubby just stuck his head around the corner and said, "Man, you've really been keeping up with the laundry haven't you?"


I just smiled and said, "Thanks for noticing!" I have to say that I hear other women talk about how all of the things (big and small) that they do go unnoticed by their husbands. Kevin has always been pretty good about paying attention, but he got some extra points tonight for the laundry comment.

I strive every day to be that Proverbs 31 woman...I haven't accomplished that yet. But, I guess I'm striving to be the lazy version of her.

I don't see myself E.V.E.R. "seeking wool and flax" and working willingly with my hands to make my family's clothing as the scripture says. But, LemmieTellYa...keeping the laundry even close to caught up is a HUGE accomplishment for me! Do you know how long it's been since we've been able to see the bottom of the hamper?

I'm ashamed to say that there (until recently mind you) has been a sweater in the bottom of the hamper that has been waiting to be cleaned since ummm - probably last fall (almost a year). Why haven't I just washed it you ask? Well, it's not that it was really dirty, but it needed to be dry cleaned and being the lazy version of the Virtuous Woman that I am, I never "got around" to taking it to the cleaners. I've been too busy seeking that wool and flax...what is flax by the way?

So, do you know what I did with it yesterday? Uh huh...I DID...I chunked it! Yes, mom...I know I could have had it cleaned and put in the thrift store or something, but I'm sick of looking at it. It was a perfectly good sweater really, but it resembles procrastination now so "be gone with you sweater."

Well, all of this to say..."Thanks sweet hubby of mine for noticing the empty hamper." All of the things you do for us certainly don't go unnoticed either.
Maybe you'll come home to a cleaned out refrigerator tomorrow. (There's no telling what's in that thing!)

I think my "flax" is calling.

No comments:

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!