Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why dooo they do that?





Do your guys...yes, I mean grown men...still looove to play video games? Well, mine sure does.

Hey, after a long hard day at work, I'm certainly not gonna say anything about him sitting up late some nights to play video games. He doesn't do it often - only because he doesn't have time. But, while I was out of town last week, Kevin and a friend of his decided to fit as much gaming into the week as they possibly could. "Boys will be boys" right? R.I.G.H.T.!
Even men need their "bonding" time...

Well, this particular football game was rented and due back tonight. So lastnight, Kevin knew he only had one more chance to play and pulled his chair right in front of the t.v. and settled in for the long-haul. As I was sitting there quietly on the computer - trying to concentrate, "Mr. Kevin" was getting louder and louder with each "play" - is that what it's called in football? I dunno.

I don't even know why the noise level kept rising or what was happening on the game, but I kept hearing SIGH after SIGH after SIGH & he was muttering words like, "offense, defense, tag" (foreign) and "You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me!!" This was not excitement folks! Wasn't he supposed to be having fun? He slowly started progressing from disappointment to frustration to unbelief to pure tickedoff"edness" (yes, I "coined" a word Pastor S! - as if you'd be reading my blog anyway haha.) He ended up talking to the little people on the game and wondering why they weren't following his "direction" and then, with every sigh, I began to laugh. Which, in turn, made him realize what was taking place. You know how kids get so intent on whatever game they are playing that they become oblivious to the world around them...YUP!!

This was supposed to be relaxing to him to do something he enjoys and he was getting more stressed during these few moments than he did in his entire day of work. I'm confused!!!

The climactic moment of the video gaming was when I heard a loud THUMP, looked up and saw my husband on his butt on the floor and the chair flipped over on its side. He got to into his fussing that he FELL OUT hahahaha! Oh my goodness! This was so hilarious to see! He peeked his cute little head around the arm of the chair and we burst into laughter! Oh how I so needed that laugh!

NOTE: Rocking chairs, laminate floors and grown boyzzz flailing around and fussing at their game don't mix well. Something is bound to go down and in this case, it was the flailing, but cute, boy.

No comments:

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!