Thursday, January 24, 2008

Apple Raisin Betty

*I will be answering the gazillion questions (haha) that I've received in a day or two. By the way, thanks to those of you that have asked. Great questions too!

Hubs and I had a treat for dessert tonight...Apple Raisin Betty.

I was actually going to post a picture of it right when it came out of the oven. But, I thought you'd get one look at it and move on. It honestly looked just like a mexican dish, which doesn't look too tasty when you are expecting apple anything! Pictures just don't do things justice.

I saw Sandra Lee on Semi-Homemade make this a couple of days ago and thought it would be something different to try.

So, for anyone interested, here is the recipe:

Apple Raisin Betty
(2) 20 oz. cans of apple pie filling
3 packets of Raisin Spice instant oatmeal (I used Quaker)
1 tsp. cinnamon
6 tbsp. butter

Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray and put in 1 can of pie filling. Sprinkle 1 1/2 packets of the oatmeal on top of the filling, then add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Crumble up the butter into small pieces and add half (3 tbsp.) on top.

Then repeat again. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour.

The only thing missing was the vanilla ice cream. We certainly won't make that mistake again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a recipient of some of the "Apple Raisin Betty" - I say do it again soon - better still - come over and we'll do it together. It was delicious!

Mom

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!