Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Precious Moments

First of all, driving down the road this week, we were listening to Veggie Tales songs and they mentioned God. We talk so much about Jesus that I wondered if she would know who God is or how she would describe Him.

I asked her, "E, do you know who God is?"

She concentrated and paused for a moment while she thought.

Then, she said, "Yes, God is...Um God is...He is da whole world." Later on, I asked her again and she replied, "God is my fwend and He is da King!"

...let me tie this in now...


After all of the praying that goes on at our house, E has picked up really quickly on it. She knows how to pray. I don't mean just the "God, Our Father" prayer either. She has a few different prayers. She does pray the aforementioned prayer when it is time to eat. But, at bedtime or when she is praying for someone that is sick...or when she gets hurt, she automatically knows to pray for her boo-boo's (after we kiss 'em first, of course.)

In fact, my friend, Amber, called the other day and said that her 6 month old was sick for the first time. I put E on the phone with her and she prayed - all by herself - for her to be healed and told Jesus that we "gib you all da pwaise and all da glowy."

When I was putting E to bed lastnight, I told her it was time to say her prayers. Some nights, we say them and she repeats and some nights she says them and we repeat as she leads. I told her that I wanted her to pray this time.

"Lord Jesus, tank You for da bewwy (very) God. Oh and (spotting a spot on my finger) heal mommy's boo-boo Fader God. In Jesus' name, Amen."

(pressing on the boo-boo on my finger) "Mommy, do dat hurt? Can you feel dis?"

"Yes I feel it. Don't hurt my boo-boo E!"

"Oh God, gib mommy peace and pwotect her boo-boo. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Then, after I quit laughing, she moved onto a "real" prayer. Why would I even say "real" like that? Any prayer she prays, gets the attention of her "Fader God!" He listens. And He answers.

I love - I cannot tell you how much I love the fact that my 2 year old prays for peace over her family and friends when they are sick. It's amazing that she knows that Jesus is her Father God and that He is King and that He is "da whole world." That's right! What better way is there to explain Him? We can't. He is the whold world! He just simply..."IS."

So, I share this with you as an encouragement to pray out loud in front of your children. They listen to how you speak your Best Friend, Jesus. They will learn that there is no right or wrong way to do so - as long as you do it. Most importantly, they will learn to call on His Name!

These are such precious moments! God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing. I am sure Father God hears E's prayers!!! And I imagine He is smiling. You have a nice blog, I am a first time visitor from Sarah's blog.

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Very sweet post.

Tarrah said...

I don't remember how I found your blog but I just had to comment. I was just reading through your posts and E sounds like such a wonderful little blessings. I love how children pray and what a great job your doing raising her to call on Jesus.

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!