Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

Y'all, I can't even lie - today was tough!

Our little E has been a little under the weather with a bug for the past few days. Actually, when she is sick, she gets extra loving and wants to cuddle and gives lots and lots of kisses all day long. She has been doing that this week.

Oh - but NOT today!

It was just one of those days - I have them too - where nothing seems to go your way. Whine, Whine, Whine, Cry, Cry, Cry, Pout, Pout, Pout!

She cried when I turned the t.v. off because she wanted to mash the button. She cried when I got the spoon out of the drawer for her yogurt because she wanted to get the spoon. Her daddy kept asking her before bed tonight to pick up her toys and she cried because she didn't want to. So - the nice daddy he is - picked them up for her since she felt bad...and...yes...you guessed...she cried - because she was "gonna" do it.

Finally, I said, "Mommy loves you, but tonight I just can't wait for you to go to bed." She sort of laughed because I don't think she understood.

We made it through and the day is at its' end. SHHH the bear is now asleep, resting her bottom lip. I have seen more of that bottom lip today than I cared to!

...but what a cute bear with a cute lip she is!

(Is that not the cutest picture by the way? She honestly doesn't look that cute when she pouts now.)

Man I just said "cute" way too many times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, the picture is abs. adorable!!! I guess we all have our days of whining and crying and carrying on, no matter the age!! There are times that If I can't do it, I do not want anyone else to do it for me!

I am praying that E gets to feeling much better though, I know it can be hard on the whole family when one is sick.

I am so glad you are back to blogging your blogs really minister to me!! Thanks and keep smiling!!

"The Joy of the Lord is our strength!"

Luv you bunches,
Tiffany Hughey

Anonymous said...

I can well sympathize with you Stacey. There are those "Days" when both of my littles are whining, and crying. One of the worst was when my 3 yrd old was stung by a yellow jacket on the tip of his finger - he is crying / screaming at the top of his lungs and my infant decided to join in crying as loudly as she possibly could. At this point, the bee stung was priority. After the crying, usually comes the calm. So hang in there, I prayer E is feeling much better. Every day, whether it is a sick day, work day, or one of the most glorious days is a blessing!

Donya

Welcome!

Do you burn scented candles? Burn and Earn!

www.FunHomeCandleBiz.com

Enter my free candle drawing!